Giuseppe Piamontini (1664 – 1742, Florence, Italy) was an Italian sculptor based in Florence, Italy. He first trained under Giovanni Battista Foggini before moving to Rome to study at the Accademia Fiorentina in Rome under Ercole Ferrata and Ciro Ferri. He produced the Deposition, Entombment, and Flagellation roundels in glazed terracotta as part of the Stations of the Cross from designs by Ferri commissioned by Cosimo III, in the convent church of San Pietro d’Alcantara in Montelupo. He is known for his detailed surfaces in both bronze and marble.
Artworks in the Collection